Congratulations to CHS Drama Club Troupe 803 for their outstanding performance at the Michigan Thespian Festival December 13-14 in Detroit.
Nearly 40 CHS thespians attended productions, participated in workshops, networked with college representatives and competed in Individual Events.
CHS Drama Club Advisor and Theatre Manager Amy Seaman said, "Our kids made Clarkston proud! One of our students, Aryana Berres received a PERFECT score from all three judges. All students had the opportunity to network with universities and take a multitude of workshops. Our trio of singers (Rose Chiodo, Katelynn Parker, and Paige Schneider) actually performed on the main stage at the META showcase closing night in front of at least 1,500 other student Thespians. Jennifer Ward (our acting coach and musical director) and I are extremely proud."
- Jenna Ritchey (Performance): Heidelberg University $58,000, Rochester University $37,500
- Samantha Stanek (Performance): Heidelberg University $58,000
- Marcos Sepulveda (Lighting Design): Siena Heights $40,000, Heidelberg University $60,000
- Sophie Little (Sound Design): Heidelberg University $66,000, Northern Michigan University $24,000, Rochester University $85,000, Sienna Heights $72,000, Hope College $12,000
- Megan Zabinski (Lighting Design): Northern Michigan University $8,000, Rochester University $25,000
Scholarship total : $545,500 (The most scholarship dollars CHS has ever earned at this event).
- Maryn McConnell, Solo Musical Theatre
- Hailey Hibberd, Costume Design
- Sophie Little, Sound Design
- Niki Mehta, Solo Dance
- Brooke Larkin, Monologue
- Charles Dunn, Playwriting
- Katelynn Parker, Playwriting
- Aryana Berres, Stage Management
- Chloe Chiappelli and Brady Stewart, Duet Musical Theatre
- Mackenzie Karsten, Costume Construction
- Marcos Sepulveda, Lighting Design
- Group Dance: Niki Mehta, Paige Schneider, Rose Chiodo, Allison Evans, Sierra Bonser, Susanna Metz
- Abbe Campbell, Monologue
- Jenna Ritchey, Solo Musical Theatre
- Duet Musical Theatre: Sam Stanek, Katharine Rottach
- Duet Acting: Sam Stanek, Katharine Rottach
- Group Musical Theatre: Rose Chiodo, Katelynn Parker, Paige Schneider
About Clarkston Community Schools: Clarkston is a highly regarded school district with an enrollment of nearly 7,100 students. We have seven elementary schools (K-5), one middle school serving grades 6-7, one junior high for grades 8-9, and Clarkston High School, which serves students in grades 10-12. We also have an Early Childhood Center serving children ages 3-5, and an alternative high school/community education facility. Clarkston Community Schools students are well-prepared for a future that excites them, and believe that they can achieve their dreams. The mission of Clarkston Community Schools is to create a learning environment where students, staff, and families are challenged, healthy, engaged, safe, and supported.
Read more Clarkston Community Schools News at www.clarkston.k12.mi.us/news.
Media Contact: Mary Ellen Rowe, Marketing Director (248) 623-5460.