Clarkston High School: Monday, February 4
Course selection season is right around the corner! Come and explore our course offerings and learning opportunities at Clarkston High School on Monday, February 4 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at the CHS Curriculum Night and Learning Showcase.
There will be a brief parent presentation presenting curriculum information at 6:15pm in the PAC. The Learning Showcase is designed to help current and incoming students and parents make informed scheduling decisions as well as showcase the amazing work and thinking our students engage in. Students and parents will have the opportunity to visit all the departments at CHS, and sit on a theatre rehearsal for Hairspray in the PAC from 5pm-6pm.
There will also be a raffle drawing to win prizes from sponsors in our local community that have graciously provided gift certificates; the sponsors include, Hamlin Pub, Leos, Greggs, Mr. B's and Royal Diner!
CJHS counselors will host their Parent Curriculum Night for incoming 8th and 9th graders at Clarkston Junior High School in the PAC from 6:30pm-8:30pm on Wednesday, February 13. Administration and counseling staff will give a brief overview of next year's curriculum and transition to the Junior High School for incoming 8th and 9th grade students for the 2019-2020 school year. There will be a breakout session for the separate grade levels and a question and answer format will follow at the end of the sessions. Topics will include scheduling classes for next year, graduation requirements, curriculum options, testing out, etc.
Other Important Dates for 8th Grade (Entering 9th Grade):
- 2/11/2019 - CJHS Counselors will meet with all current 8th graders to present 9th grade course options to students during every student's US History class.
- 2/15/2019 - CJHS Counselors will be available during all lunch periods for students and parents to drop in and ask questions.
- 2/25/2019 and 2/26/2019 - CJHS Counselors will collect scheduling cards from all current 8th grade students. Cards must be signed and course selections must be entered into StudentVue no later than February 25th. All Honors contracts and applications must be ready to turn in with scheduling card.
Other Important Dates for 7th Grade (Entering 8th):
- 3/4/2019 - CJHS Counselors will meet with all current 7th graders to present 8th grade course options and building transition to the JHS.
- 3/7/2019 - CJHS Counselors will be available during all lunch periods for students and parents to drop in and ask questions.
- 3/11/2019 - 7th Graders must turn in a SIGNED scheduling card to their Math teachers. They MUST also have entered their course selections into StudentVue BEFORE this date!
- 3/13/2019 and 3/14/2019 - CJHS Counselors will collect scheduling cards from all current 7th grade students.
Please visit our Academics page for more curriculum and course selection information.