Dear Clarkston Community Schools Families,
On Thursday, September 3, Governor Whitmer signed an Executive Order permitting fall sports to practice and compete beginning on September 8 and 9. Clarkston Community Schools will be participating in the following fall sports...
Middle School: 7th/8th grade girls basketball, 7th/8th grade boys/girls cross country and 7th/8th grade boys football. All of these middle school sports can begin on Wednesday, September 9.
High School: Cheerleading, cross country, dance, field hockey, football, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis and volleyball.
To keep our student athletes safe, Clarkston Community Schools will:
- Enforce the two spectators per athlete restriction.
- Require spectators, coaches, trainers, and others to wear masks.
- Require student athletes to wear masks according to the MHSAA guidelines.
- Follow all district cleaning and safety protocols as they pertain to reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- Require the daily pre-screen of all students, staff, and visitors before entering the school or athletic facilities.
- Communicate consistently and closely coordinate with Oakland County Health Division and the district's two nurses provided by Oakland Schools to ensure all safety standards are met.
We are excited to be offering these opportunities for our students as part of our tiered reopening plan that includes a gradual return to in-person activities and services.
More information will be provided to families by team coaches within the next week. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Athletic Department at 248-623-4002. Thank you for your support.