Ready for Kindergarten?
Tuesday, February 26 at 7pm
at Clarkston Junior High School
6595 Waldon Rd, Clarkston, MI
2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration begins
Tuesday, February 20
Calling all 2019-2020 Kindergartners and Young Fives!
- Kindergarten -
- Child Birth Date before September 1
- Full-day Kindergarten offers students a rich curriculum with time to explore, create, socialize and learn. This program is held at each elementary school and transportation is provided.
- Young Fives
- Child Birth Date between June 1 - December 1
- Kindergarten offers students opportunities to grow and learn through a play-based curriculum. Young Fives is a full day program housed at our elementary sites.
- Download a Registration Packet
- Who should attend our Young Fives Program?
- I am unsure about which option is best for my child. Who should I talk to?
- How do I enroll my child?
- Is transportation provided for children enrolled in our Young Fives Program?
- After I choose an option, can I change my mind prior to school starting?
- How does the In-District School of Choice process work?
- What is Kindergarten and Young Fives Orientation?
- If I cannot attend Kindergarten or Young Fives Orientation at my child’s school, what should I do?
- If my student is currently in Young Fives, do I have to re-enroll them for Kindergarten?
If a child turns five years old between June 1– December 1, 2019, he/she is eligible to attend our Young Fives Program. It is Clarkston’s practice that students turning five years old between September 1 and December 1 to attend our Young Fives program to develop:
- Social skills
- Oral language development
- Motor skills
- Attention span
- School readiness
Our Young Fives Program is a full-day program with classes located at our elementary sites.
Enrollment begins February 20, 2019. To ensure attendance at your home school Orientation, please enroll your child by April 11, 2019. Enrollment forms are available online at www.clarkston.k12.mi.us. Click on “Enroll.” Completed enrollment forms and supporting documents must be presented at your scheduled appointment time. Please print and complete enrollment documents and schedule an appointment online to register your child for fall enrollment. Your appointment will take place at our Central Enrollment office located at the Clarkston Schools’ Administration Building, 6389 Clarkston Rd.
Children attending Young Fives at your home school will be provided district transportation. District transportation is provided to children living more than one mile from their home school. Parents will be required to provide transportation for children attending Young Fives outside of their home school attendance area.
Parents may request that their child attend a Clarkston school outside of their home-school attendance area. Parents must complete an “In-District School of Choice Request” and submit it to the Central Enrollment Office. Parents will be notified by August 15 regarding the status of their request. Approvals for School of Choice are based on class size, and transportation is not provided for “In-District School of Choice” students.
Kindergarten and Young Fives Orientations are times for parents to bring their future Kindergarten or Young Fives student to their enrolled school. Parents are expected to attend Orientation with their child after their enrollment process is complete. At Orientation, students spend time with teachers listening to a story, drawing, playing, and getting to know other children. Parents receive information about the school and the Kindergarten or Young Fives day.
Kindergarten Orientation dates (approx. 2 hours during the school day):
Andersonville Elementary - April 26
Bailey Lake Elementary - April 29
Clarkston Elementary - April 30
Independence Elementary - April 23
North Sashabaw Elementary - May 9
Pine Knob Elementary - April 25
Springfield Plains Elementary - April 24
Young Fives Orientation dates (6-7pm):
Andersonville Elementary - May 16
Bailey Lake Elementary - May 13
Clarkston Elementary - May 13
Independence Elementary - May 14
North Sashabaw Elementary - May 16
Pine Knob Elementary - May 6
Springfield Plains Elementary - May 2