Skip To Main Content

Enrollment Requirements

1. Provide Proof of Residency

Students must reside within the boundary of the school at which they are enrolled unless a student is in an approved open enrollment program, was approved for an in-district transfer to another school, or is verified as eligible to attend through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act.

If at any time a student’s address is in question, the district may require additional verification. Proof of Residency (may be required to renew annually).

One document that proves ownership/occupancy AND two supporting documents from the dropdown menu below are required.

2. Provide Student & Parent Identification

a. Child's original/certified birth certificate 

An original Certified Birth Certificate must be supplied by the parent/guardian of the student. Birth Certificates will not be retrieved from the previous district, and will also not be released for any reason. Birth certificates can be obtained through the county in which your child was born at the Register of Deeds Office. The Birth certificate will be copied at the time of enrollment.

b. Parent/guardian picture identification (driver's license/passport)

Photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state ID, or passport, of parent or legal guardian must be provided. The current address must be represented on the photo I.D.

c. Provide Court order Documentation or Custody Documentation if applicable

3. Provide Health Records

a. Immunization record

Official record must be submitted at the time of enrollment. The student’s complete updated immunization record must be submitted prior to the first day of attendance. Immunization records can’t be obtained from previous schools. The district will not release any immunization information on students. Immunization information is available at the Oakland County Health Department at 248.858.1280. Michigan law requires children to be up to date on all required immunizations on or before the first day of school. Children who have valid medical reasons that prevent or delay them from receiving a vaccine may submit a waiver, signed by the child's physician, which explains the medical issue and vaccine involved. However, any parent/guardian who wishes to waive vaccines for non-medical reasons are now REQUIRED to receive vaccine education from their local health department and provide the certified waiver at the time of enrollment. This rule applies to all children entering childcare, kindergarten and 7th grade, or newly enrolled in the district as of January 1, 2015.

For more information on this new State of Michigan administrative rule and a recommended immunization schedule, please click on the link below: Immunization Rule Change.

b. Proof of satisfactory vision exam

Kindergarten and Young Five students only

4. Provide Academic Information

  • Students in grades 1-8 must have their latest report card.
  • Students in grades 9-12 must have their current high school transcript reflecting credits earned.
  • If child is receiving special education services, a copy of current Individual Education Plan (IEP)