Class of 2021 Commencement Cruise
We invite all Clarkston residents and businesses to paint the town blue and gold for the Class of 2021 graduates and their families as they take a drive down "memory lane." We need your help giving our graduates a send-off to remember!
Cruise by all of the places that have meaning for YOU, take photos, and share them using #ClarkstonCruise2021.
- There is no set cruise route - you and your friends are your own "Cruise Directors!" (see suggestions below)
- Decorate your vehicle - be creative
- Wear your cap and gown
- Have a parent or other adult drive so you can fully experience the cruise as a passenger
- Roads will not be closed during this event — Be respectful, responsible and safe.
Cruise on by...
- CHS for a special "Senior Send-Off" with music, photo backdrops, and special surprises just for the grads
- Your elementary school, SMS, and CJHS
- The district Board office (6389 Clarkston Rd.)
- Depot Park
- The Clarkston Independence District Library
- Your favorite local hangout
- Your neighborhood
- Grandma & Grandpa's house
- The place where you work
- Your church
- Your favorite beach, park, or playground
...and wherever you made memories in your home town!
There is no set cruise route - our graduates will be cruising by all of the places that are special to them in and around Clarkston. This includes our school campuses, downtown, and neighborhoods, so no matter where you are in Clarkston, you're on the cruise route!
Here are some suggestions for showing your support:
- Organize a small gathering of fans
- Tie blue and gold ribbons and balloons around your mailbox, light posts, trees
- Put signs in your windows or yard
- Chalk your driveway or sidewalk
- Businesses: please consider a salute to the Class of 2021 on your marquee and signs in your windows
- Sit out on your front porch or in your yard and cheer for the passing cars
- Wear blue and gold, Clarkston spirit wear, or your CHS letter jacket if you have one
- If you're a musician, give an outside performance
- Be creative and have fun being a part of the action!