Class of 2020 Commencement Cruise
We invite all Clarkston residents and businesses to paint the town blue and gold for the Class of 2020 graduates and their families as they take a drive down "memory lane." We need your help giving our graduates a send-off to remember!
Cruise by all of the places that have meaning for YOU, take a photo from your passenger window, and share it using #ClarkstonCruise2020.
- There is no set cruise route - you are your own "Cruise Director!" (see suggestions at right)
- Decorate your vehicle - be creative (sorry, no parade floats)
- Wear your cap and gown
- Have a parent or other adult drive so you can fully experience the cruise as a passenger
- Be respectful, responsible and safe
- Go SLOW
- Roads will not be closed during this event, so please obey traffic laws (no overcrowded vehicles, leaning out windows, riding in the bed of a truck, standing up through open sunroof, etc.)
Cruise on by...
- Your elementary school
- SMS, CJHS, and CHS
- The district Board office (6389 Clarkston Rd.)
- Your favorite local hangout
- Your neighborhood
- Grandma & Grandpa's house
- The place where you work
- Your church
- Your favorite beach, park, or playground
...and wherever you made memories in your home town!
There is no set cruise route - our graduates will be cruising by all of the places that are special to them in and around Clarkston. This includes our school campuses, downtown, and neighborhoods, so no matter where you are in Clarkston, you're on the cruise route! Please note that the Commencement Cruise is not a parade event like we are used to having in downtown Clarkston. Please do not congregate in large groups.
Here are some suggestions for showing your support:
- Tie blue, gold, or white ribbons around your mailbox and/or trees
- Put signs in your windows or yard
- Chalk your driveway or sidewalk
- Businesses. please consider a salute to the Class of 2020 on your marquee
- Sit out on your front porch or in your yard and cheer for the passing cars
- Wear blue and gold, Clarkston spirit wear, or your CHS letter jacket if you have one
- If you're a musician, give an outside performance
- Be creative and have fun being a part of the action!