In November 2022, Clarkston voters approved the Clarkston Community Schools no tax rate increase bond proposal for $197,500,000. The proposal is part of a long-term master plan for district facilities with three key areas of focus: Safety and Security, Aging Building Systems, and a New Junior High.
Proposed safety and security improvements include building air quality, providing air conditioning in classrooms, ADA upgrades, door hardware replacements, building card access controls, additional generator circuits for life safety systems, and fire alarm system replacements. In addition, the bond will address the most critical aging building systems.
A new Junior High School will be constructed to replace the 63-year-old aging Junior High on the existing site. The new facility will provide larger classrooms to support innovative and collaborative learning, improve ADA accessibility, and improve traffic flow while preserving and updating the current auditorium and construction trades areas.
- CJHS design meetings are taking place and GMB is moving forward with design development.
- Contracts have been written for the HVAC and Hardware Improvement projects.
- Work will take place at AE, CE, NSE, SMS, CHS, RHS, and CECC the summer of 2024.
- Work will take place at BLE, IE, PKE, and SPE the summer of 2025.
- Contracts have been written for the Clarkston High School Main Entry Replacement project. Work will begin right after school is released for summer in 2024.
Please click on your schools to see a list of the projects that will be completed at your school.