Strategic Plan 2019-2025
The strategic planning process crystallizes goals and objectives that can be implemented and evaluated. It is a process by which we will look into the future, paint a picture of that future based on our culture and values, and how we will influence the forces that affect us. Our strategic plan will look five years ahead and chart a definite course based on strong indicators of what our school environment will be like in those years.
Process & Sequence
Monthly updates to BOE and community at regularly scheduled Board meetings.
- Board Goal: "The Board of Education and administration will develop a process and framework for a multi-year strategic plan that defines the vision, purpose, values and priorities for Clarkston Community Schools. The process will engage key stakeholders in:
- Examining the current strategic plan, mission and vision
- Studying financial impact and timeline;
- Outlining focus areas and priorities;
- Selecting accountability measures; and, ultimately,
- Defining a successful outcome of a Clarkston Community Schools education."
- Conduct environmental scan research (existing data/trends)
- Administer community survey Oct. 19-31
- Review and test revised mission & vision statements with stakeholders.
- Facilitate mission and vision statement workshop with Board on Nov. 12.
- Moderated community conversations on Nov. 13, Dec. 12
- Analyze & present survey findings and mission & vision statement recommendations at Dec. 10 Board Meeting
- New Mission and Vision Statements approved by the Board of Education on Dec. 10.
- Plan development and revisions
- Small group feedback on key components of the strategic plan
- Planning completion
- Board Workshop
- Superintendent/Board approval
- Deployment Plan
- Marketing - Create web page and accompanying print piece
- Community Roll-out
- Plan Implementation 2019-2025
Strategic planning is the process of setting goals, deciding on actions to achieve those goals, and mobilizing the resources needed to take action.
In other words, it is a roadmap of measurable objectives that the district will use as a foundation for decision-making across our school system.
Nancy Mahoney, Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services
Clarkston Community Schools creates a learning environment where students, staff, and families are challenged, healthy, engaged, safe, and supported.
Clarkston Community Schools students are well-prepared for a future that excites them, and believe that they can achieve their dreams.