2021-2022 School Year Transfer Requests to Face-to-Face or Clarkston Virtual Now Accepted
Complete Transfer Requests by April 4 for Your Preferred Course Selections
As the 2021-2022 school year approaches, Clarkston Community Schools is providing families an opportunity to decide if they would like their student(s) to continue with their current learning model or request a transfer to a different learning model in the coming school year.
It is highly recommended that all transfer requests are completed no later than April 4, 2021. If a transfer request has not been made by April 4, 2021 or if you change your election after April 4, we cannot guarantee that your students' 2021-2022 course choices will be honored.
Transfer requests for the 2021-2022 school year will be accepted now through August 1, 2021. All students will receive final student schedules in late August.
2021-2022 Learning Model Options
- Face-to-Face Learning in school for Young Fives-Grade 12: Students will regularly attend classes at their school building on a daily basis.
- 100% Online Clarkston Virtual for Young Fives-Grade 12: Clarkston Virtual is a 100% virtual online learning program with a standards-based curriculum that is delivered in a flexible learning environment. This free program is supported by Clarkston teachers and Clarkston teacher mentors who are working specifically with students in the virtual program.
Who should complete the Transfer Request Form?
- If your student(s) is currently participating in Face-to-Face in buildings and you would like your student to be transferred to the Clarkston Virtual, please continue to fill out this form.
- If your student(s) is currently participating in the Clarkston Virtual and you would like to transfer to Face-to-Face, please continue to fill out this form.
- If you wish for your child(ren) to remain in their current learning environment, please DO NOT fill out this form. Forms are required only for families requesting a transfer to a different learning model.
- If you are not certain your family can commit to a new learning model for the entire 2021-2022 school year, DO NOT complete a form. Mid-year transfers cannot be accommodated.
- If your student is not currently enrolled in Clarkston Community Schools, please DO NOT fill out this form. Visit our website at www.clarkston.k12.mi.us/enroll to enroll a new student. During the enrollment process, you will be given the choice to participate in Face-to-Face or Clarkston Virtual.
Learning model selection is a commitment for the entire 2021-2022 school year and no mid-year transfers will be granted. Please be very conscious of this decision.
Please contact Central Enrollment at (248) 623-5400.
About Clarkston Community Schools: Clarkston is a highly regarded school district with an enrollment of nearly 7,100 students. We have seven elementary schools (K-5), one middle school serving grades 6-7, one junior high for grades 8-9, and Clarkston High School, which serves students in grades 10-12. We also have a virtual academy, an Early Childhood Center serving children ages 3-5, and an alternative high school/community education facility. Clarkston Community Schools students are well-prepared for a future that excites them, and believe that they can achieve their dreams. The mission of Clarkston Community Schools is to create a learning environment where students, staff, and families are challenged, healthy, engaged, safe, and supported.
Read more Clarkston Community Schools News at www.clarkston.k12.mi.us/news.
Questions or Feedback? Email email@example.com
Media Contact: Mary Ellen Rowe, Director of Marketing and Community Relations (248) 623-5460.