Board of Education
- 2017-2018 Board Meetings
- 2016-2017 Board Meetings
- Board Goals
- Board Operating Procedures
- Board Policies
Upcoming Board Meetings
Unless otherwise noted, all board meetings will be held at 7pm at the Clarkston Community Schools Administration Building, 6389 Clarkston Road, Clarkston. P: 248.623.5400
Watch board meetings online!
Board Agendas(subject to change) will be posted on the website the Friday prior to Board Meetings. Board packets, when possible, will also be posted the Friday prior to a board meeting. Click on the dates listed below for that meeting's packet.
2017-2018 Board Meetings
- July 10: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- August 28: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- September 11: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- September 25: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- October 9: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- October 23: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- November 13: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- November 27: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- December 4: Agenda, Minutes (Strategic Planning Workshop & Board Self-Evaluation) - 6:00 pm
- December 11: Agenda, Board Packet,Minutes
- January 8: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- January 14: Special Meeting - Closed Session: Packet; Minutes
- January 22: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- February 12: Workshop Agenda, Minutes
- February 26: Agenda, Board Packet,Minutes
- March 26: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- March 29: Workshop Agenda
- April 16: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- April 30: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- May 14: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- May 21: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
- July 9: Agenda, Board Packet, Minutes
2016-2017 Board Meetings
- August 8
- August 22 - Retreat
- August 29
- September 12
- September 26 - Cancelled
- October 10
- October 24
- November 14
- November 28 - Closed Session: Superintendent Evaluation
- December 5 - Board Self-Evaluation Workshop
- December 12
- January 9
- January 23 - Workshop Meeting - Superintendent Evaluation Process
- February 13
- February 27 - No Regular Meeting; Only Closed Session re: Negotiations Discussion
- March 13
- March 27
- April 17
- April 24 - Workshop Meeting
- May 8
- May 22
- June 5
- June 19
2017-18 Board Goals
I. Strategic Plan
The Board of Education and administration will develop a process and framework for a multi-year strategic plan that defines the vision, purpose, values and priorities for Clarkston Community Schools. The process will engage key stakeholders in:
- examining the current strategic plan, mission, vision and learner profile;
- identifying key messages, strengths and core values;
- determining focus areas and priorities;
- studying financial impact and timeline;
- selecting accountability measures; and ultimately,
- defining a successful outcome of a Clarkston Community Schools education.
II. Bond ImplementationThe Board will exercise our legal and fiduciary responsibilities to the community by carefully monitoring and utilizing bond resources to successfully implement our 10-year facility and technology master plan, while ensuring transparency. Tasks will include:
- working with our administration and consultants to finalize each bond project;
- monitoring the implementation and bidding of each bond project and overseeing construction to completion; and
- ensuring ongoing communication regarding bond projects and implementation to all stakeholders.
The MASB created a survey to gather community input. The survey was open for two weeks and provided the community an opportunity to give their input regarding our next superintendent.
Stakeholder input sessions were also held to gather additional feedback from staff and parents/community members.
The preliminary job posting is currently active online.
- Applications Due: April 18, 2018
- Projected Start Date: July 1, 2018.
Email Elizabeth Egan
The Clarkston Community Schools Board of Education is committed to ensuring all children in Clarkston have the ability to pursue their dreams and reach their highest potential as students in our schools.
You may communicate with the School Board as a whole at public meetings (held monthly), or individually by emailing or calling them using the contact information on this page.