Girls Cross Country Website
Why join the cross country team?
- Become part of a team
- Meet friends in all grade levels.
- Learn to be healthy, physically fit, and develop good life long habits.
- Thin and tone your body
- Participate in fun team building activities.
- Get in shape for winter and spring sports.
SEE PHOTOS BELOW
What is Cross Country?
- Cross country is a running event in which runners and their teams compete to gain first place on a race course over open or rough terrain. The courses used at these events may include, grass, mud, woodlands, hills, flat ground and in some instances water.
How far do I have to run?
- Practice: Each runner starts at a different level. Some start with running a mile once or twice a week during the summer months and early in the school year. More mature runners vary from 3mi. to 6mi. and are capable of running up to 10mi. toward the end of the season.
- Typical Race Distance: 5 kilometers (3.1 mi.) is the typical race length. The race length can sometimes vary at different age levels. Younger runners will compete in a mile race in 6th grade, while 7th and 8th graders compete in a 2mi. race.
- All year round training: some runners choose to train all year round. Breaks occur between seasons and vary in length. For the runners interested in training outside of the seasons contact coach Breen for meeting dates, locations, and times.
GOOD FORM RUNNING Video: #mce_temp_url#