2013 - 2014
Hello! My name is Andrea Lockwood. I have been teaching in the Clarkston School District for 15 years. This is my seventh year at Andersonville Elementary teaching 4th grade. I am very excited to start another year and look forward to all of the successes we will celebrate together.
State Project Links
2) Agriculture and Industry - Make a list. How do people earn a living in your state?
Website: http://www.theus50.com/ Click your state, then click "Information"
3) Geography ‐ Write a paragraph. What are the most important physical features of your state?
(Mountains, rivers, lakes, etc.) Website: http://www.netstate.com/states
4) Things to See and Do - Make a list. Why would people want to travel to your state? Include information tourist attractions and points of interest. What would people do if they visited your
state? Website: http://www.factmonster.com/states.html
5) Famous People from Your State - Make a list of five to eight famous people from your state & why
they are famous. Website: http://www.50states.com/bio or
6) Interesting Information ‐ Include interesting facts and trivia about your state. These should be fun
facts that people might be interested to learn. Website: http://www.50states.com/facts
7) Colleges and Universities - Make a list of the names of 3‐5 colleges and or universities from your state. Include the city the college is located. Add the resident tuition and fees plus room and board
to get a total cost per year. Website: http://www.factmonster.com/states.html Click your state,
then click "Accredited Colleges and Universities
State Stamp - Get inspiration from this website: http://www.theus50.com/stamps‐state.php
You will design a postage stamp from your state to pass out to classmates at our celebration event. In
the stamp, include the state name and important pictures that help represent your state. Use only
black pen or pencil only. DO NOT USE COLOR on the stamp.
State Map: http://www.theus50.com/outlinemaps‐state.php
U.S. Map and State Quarter: http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Lists/state_name_origins.html
State Flag: http://www.netstate.com/state_flag.htm
State Stamps: http://www.theus50.com/stamps‐state.php
License Plate Maker: http://www.acme.com/licensemaker
Come Visit My State Information Page:
• State Facts: http://www.census.gov/schools/facts use the green "I Never Knew That" facts
• Statehood: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/usa/states then click your state
• Population Ranking: http://www.census.gov/schools/facts
Click your state to get the 2009 population and geography facts
• Area Ranking: http://www.theus50.com/area.php
• Sales Tax & Income Tax: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005954.html
• Minimum Wage: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0930886.html
• Professional Sports Teams: http://www.ipl.org/div/stateknow
• Average Temperature: http://www.netstate.com/states
click the name of your state, then click "Geography" on the left of the page.
• Governor and Senators: http://www.factmonster.com/states.html on the left of the page
2) Agriculture and Industry: http://www.theus50.com Click your state, then click "Information"
3) Geography: http://www.netstate.com/states Click your state, then click "Geography"
4) Things to See and Do: http://www.factmonster.com/states.html
5) Famous people from your state: http://www.50states.com/bio or http://www.thingstodo.com/people.html
6) Interesting Information: http://www.50states.com/facts
7) Colleges and Universities: http://www.factmonster.com/states.html Click your state, then click "Accredited
Colleges and Universities" about half way down the page.
8) State Quiz: http://www.theus50.com Click your state, then on the left, click "State Quiz"